Reasons my birthday is awesome
1. My beautiful new (well, new-used) car, the financing of which was my parents' birthday present to me. I fully intend on paying them back once I have enough money in my account to pay more than just the monthly insurance, but it's a solid little Civic and my old one finally stopped being worth all the repair money we were putting into it so I'm very grateful.
2. Ace Attorney Investigations
, a little birthday gift to myself. I've just gotten past the first case and they've elegantly merged the mechanics of the old Ace Attorney series with the new elements and mechanics of the investigation system. Plus there's all the wonderful adorableness we've come to expect from Gumshoe and the snark we expect from Edgeworth, and while all the games have at least one ridiculously annoying character I haven't found them yet so I'm quite enjoying myself.
3. Brunch at Mimi's Cafe with mom. The actual food was a bit squishy, I don't think 'sweet blueberry cream' is quite my thing, but they gave me free cake because it was my birthday and the cake itself was quite tasty.
4. The psychology section at Borders is right next to the erotica section. I did not find the book I was looking for (Philip Zimbardo's The Lucifer Effect
, a book quite firmly in the former section) but the organization amused me.
5. Speaking of Zimbardo, I get to go see him next week! He's speaking at UNCA (for free, no less!) and I need the book for him to sign so I'll have an excuse to go up and fangirl at him and his epic sinister goatee. The guy's my academic hero.
6. JOB. Census job, specifically, which means my entire family now works for the government. We're such commies.
7. The job is part-time, which means I still have time to do some of my volunteer work at the school my auntie works at. And they have RATTIES. Two little fluffy brown and white wiggly things that eat cheese and boiled eggs and bits of bagel and they're wonderful. I should get some pictures of them next time the kids are out of the room. Rats are love.
8. Indian food occurring tomorrow for an official birthday sort of dinner.
Purim parties on Sunday! One at the shul and one by the Chabad people on a boat
. I will be going as a pirate, of course, because a Purim party is the best place to be evil and wear a three-cornered hat at the same time.
10. Fluffy false-fur wrap from my brother, because "it looks like a wolf pelt and I know you like wolves". D'aw.
11. This cozy scarf from Alana.
It has a little Decepticon symbol knitted into one end, but you can't see it from here. Mom likes it (she took the picture) and the kids at the day school found it awesome. I am unsure of the opinions of the rats.
12. Did I mention rats?